Who doesn't love the sweet and simple combo of strawberries and bananas? As a kid, this was one of my favourite 'flavours'... you know, of ice cream, lip gloss... all the artificial stuff! My taste buds have evolved and now nothing beats the real deal.
This smoothie was inspired by the sweet combo of strawberries and banana, and charged up with superfoods!
Super Strawberry Banana Smoothie:
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup cherries (fresh or frozen, pitted)
- Small chuck of fresh ginger
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Small spoonful of honey (*raw unpasteurized local honey is ideal)
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon maca (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond mil