This is a staple. It’s delicious, simple, and nutrient-rich – full of protein, healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants, minerals and more. I typically make a batch every other week or so and enjoy it with unsweetened almond milk or plain kefir. I’m a cinnamon lover (plus cinnamon is a thermogenic food, meaning it speeds up metabolism) so I like to add extra cinnamon and even a sprinkle more on with each portion. Granola is an awesome breakfast option or mid-morning snack and will keep you energized and satisfied until lunch.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (or certified gluten-free rolled oats)
- ¼ cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 2-3 tsp of cinnamon
- Handfuls of whatever nuts and seeds you choose, such as almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds. The more the merrier! Add a handful (or about ¼ -1/3 cup of each)